If you need to service your transmission, you must beware of the type of transmission fluid to use, especially for GM Turbo 350. This can be somewhat challenging since many brands have flooded the industry over the last few years. However, you can avoid the information overload you will encounter when searching for the best ATF by sticking to these GM Turbo 35o transmission fluid types:
Let’s take a more in-depth look.
Royal Purple 06320–6PK Max ATF High Performance
Most of the failures that plague automatic transmissions are due to overheating. It is essential to know that automatic transmissions generate lots of heat due to excessive demands, and the only for them to cool off is via dependable transmission fluids. This is where the Royal Purple ATF comes in. This synthetic transmission fluid is orchestrated to reduce the considerable wear and heat on your transmission, which helps extend its life. Royal Purple ATF is highly compatible with a wide variety of transmission fluids. This implies that you don’t have to drain your vehicle’s current automatic transmission fluid.
But if you want to enjoy the overall and optimal benefits of the Royal Purple Max ATF, experts highly recommend draining the existing transmission fluid in your transmission. You will enjoy premium protection and excellent performance. The Royal Purple Max ATF offers more resistance to increases in viscosity and oxidation, unlike many other automatic transmission fluids. This gives you extended drain intervals and liquid life. Since this automatic transmission fluid is long-lasting, you will enjoy increased performance, improved fuel economy, and better gear shifting.
Experts highly recommend the Royal Purple Max ATF for multiple passenger vehicles as it has zero issues working in freezing and high temperatures. When temperatures are exceedingly high, you won’t experience any problems shifting gears or any form of disintegration. Royal Purple Max ATF also comes with several additives that include cleaning agents. These cleaning agents remove deposits that collect in areas or components susceptible to friction. This ensures your vehicle transmission remains clean, resulting in better performance and an extended life span. Some of the benefits and drawbacks of using Royal Purple Max ATF Synthetic fluid are as follows:
- This synthetic transmission fluid helps in cooling your automatic transmissions.
- It is a high-quality compatible fluid that mixes remarkably well with other transmission fluids.
- It helps minimize wear and extreme heat.
- Pouring this transmission fluid into your vehicle transmission can be cumbersome.
- Another issue some vehicle owners have with the Royal Purple Max ATF is not noticing any significant difference in overall performance.
Castrol 03520C Transmax DEX/MERC ATF
Castrol Transmax is what you need if you want to boost the overall performance of your transmission. This fluid promotes improved friction durability as you change gears, giving users a better experience. Moreover, Castrol Transmax is versatile as it can be utilized across multiple car models. It performs much better than other products within the same category, making it one of the best transmission fluids on the market today.
Some transmission fluids give problems when performing under extreme temperatures. But you will never have such issues with Castrol Transmax as it provides the most desirable protection in high temperatures. This makes the transmission fluid the perfect option for those who go on long-distance trips. Here are the pros and cons of Castro Transmax:
- It is highly suitable for power steering and transmission for General Motors and other vehicles.
- It works remarkably well under high temperatures.
- Improves the overall smoothness of transmission in your car, thanks to improved friction durability.
- It is available at a pocket-friendly price.
- This transmission fluid offers resistance oxidation while preventing significant viscosity increase.
- The only drawback is that you can’t see the transmission fluid level inside its container.
Valvoline ATF +4 Full Synthetic
Valvoline ATF is a fully synthetic transmission fluid loaded with improved additives. The advanced additives and formulation help prevent leaks and minimize wear and tear. This transmission fluid guarantees 100 percent a considerable shift of gears. By decreasing significant wear and tear and other causes of severe transmission breakdown, Valvoline ATF helps extend your transmission’s life. It also efficiently optimizes the overall performance of your vehicle’s transmission.
Valvoline ATF also comes with several cleaning additives. The additives ensure your transmission remains as clean as possible and offers optimal performance. When the transmission fluids start circulating, it efficiently collects and does away with every foreign deposit from components susceptible to friction. You will notice significant differences when you compare synthetic and conventional fluids.
As mentioned earlier, Valvoline ATF is a synthetic transmission fluid that never disintegrates even when it performs optimally in extreme weather conditions. This is due to the thermal properties that enable the transmission fluid to serve exceptionally well in high temperatures. You will end up getting additional extended drain intervals. Valvoline is highly compatible with several European models like Saab, Audi, Mercedes Benz, and BMW. Here are the pros and cons of the Valvoline ATF synthetic transmission fluid:
- This synthetic transmission fluid offers exceptional oil flow in freezing temperatures and enhanced protection of the entire system at incredibly high temperatures.
- It contains several cleaning additives that help ensure your transmission remains as clean as a whistle, devoid of contaminants.
- It has anti-wear technology that helps to boost the durability of the transmission significantly.
- It is suitable for a wide variety of European vehicle models
- The synthetic fluid has anti-shudder protection attributes that enable smooth gear shifting and maximum power transfer.
- It is costlier than conventional transmission fluids of the same caliber.
The Bottom Line
The GM Turbo 350 transmission fluid type you use in your vehicle will significantly determine the longevity of your transmission. Fortunately, the ATFs discussed above come with several properties that help ensure your transmission has an extended lifespan. But as you can see, there’s no one-size-fits-all GM Turbo 350 transmission fluid; each has its pros and cons that you need to consider before making your final purchase decision. Therefore, take note of the drawbacks associated with each transmission fluid, and make your choice depending on your budget and your love for your vehicle transmission.